Effective Date: 03/09/2018
3. Information We Collect. Depending on which Sites and Services you use, we collect different kinds of Personal Information about you. We collect information about you from a variety of sources. This includes information we collect directly from you; information we collect in the background or automatically when you look at or use our Sites or Services and information we collect about you from other sources such as your healthcare provider.
We collect information directly from you when you create an account on any of our Sites, call or e-mail us, or otherwise provide information directly to us. The following are examples of the Personal Information we collect or maintain directly from you:
We collect information about you from other people or entities including, but not limited to, healthcare providers who provide Services through the Sites, other healthcare providers you may see outside of our Sites. The following are examples of the information we may collect or maintain from other people or entities:
4. How We Use Your Personal Information. We may use all of the information we have about you including Personal Information for the following purposes:
5. Information Sharing. We may share and disclose De-Identified Information created by us or on our behalf without restriction. We may disclose your Personal Information that we collect or you provide as permitted or required by law as follows:
6. Security of Information Collected. We take the security of your information including, Personal Information, seriously. We strive to use industry standard physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information. However, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment and we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us directly or that is collected automatically or in the background. There is no guarantee that any information, including Personal Information, will not be improperly accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or administrative safeguards. Even though there are many benefits to using the Sites, as with all electronic services and communications there are some risks such as failure of hardware, software and/or Internet connections or security breaches due to use of unsecured computers, links or Internet services. This could result in your information, including your Personal Information, becoming lost or intercepted during transmission. We are not responsible for failures, distortions, delays or other problems resulting from equipment configuration, connection, signal power, hardware, software or any equipment used to access the Internet. We cannot guarantee the confidentiality of Personal Information transmitted by e-mail. E-mail sent via the Internet may pass through private and public networks with varying levels of security. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login and password information and to use good judgment before deciding to send information via the Internet.
7. How to Update, Change or Delete Your Information. You can update or change some of your Personal Information yourself on our Sites. You can also request to change, delete or access your Personal Information or accounts by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to accommodate such requests, in which case we will let you know and why. We keep Personal Information only for so long as deemed reasonably necessary and permitted or required by applicable law.
8. Children’s Online Privacy. This Website is not directed to children under eighteen (18) years of age, and children under such age must not use the website or services offered on it for any purpose, including to submit individually identifiable information about themselves.
10. HIPAA. The healthcare providers that you interact with when using the Sites or Services may or may not be required to comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, as amended (“ HIPAA”). The healthcare providers on our Sites are independent from us and are not owned or controlled by us. We are merely an intermediary between you and the healthcare providers on the Sites and are not responsible for the privacy or practices of these independent healthcare providers, their compliance with applicable laws, or the security of their information outside of our Sites.
11. Note to California Residents. California residents have special protections under state law regarding the access and use of Personal Information CA Civil Code Sec. 1798.80-1978.84.
12. Report Violations. You should immediately report any security violations or suspicious activity regarding your accounts by contacting us.